Wednesday, October 3, 2012

2012 Cosplay Mania, Day 1

As this is mainly a photo galore post, I'll keep the words minimal.

To start off, I'd just like to tell everyone what CosMania is.

CosMania, short form of Cosplay Mania, is the biggest cosplay event in the Philippines held once a year and it has been running for five years now. Every cosplayer, cosplay photographer and otaku who can travel to SMX Convention Center, SM Mall of Asia Complex attends this prestigious event for two days of cosplay, bonding, photo shoots, stalking, photo bombing, etc.

So, basically it's one HUGE event with a LOT of people in costumes.

What's more awesome than that?

So, as I said... less words, more photos. Each photo will have a caption, so it's not TOO boring.
And, remember, you can click on the photos to view them in SLIDESHOW mode. Of course, you'll be missing all my cool captions that I put so much effort in. LOL.

So, are you ready? Check out my "proper" photos of some of CosMania Day 1's cosplayers.


CosMania 2012 Poster, showcasing the sponsors and Special Guest Cosplayers Kaname and Reika


Awesome cosplayers from Cebu. The name of the anime escapes me. Do you guys know? Comment below!


It's THE Maki! Cebu cosplayer extraordinaire! She is one of the two members of Team Madao who was one of the pairs competing for the championship title of TORCH 3rd Impact!


My very, very beautiful friends Kat Carpio (Left) and Mommy Sese (Right). They be AWESOME cosplayers.


I also have very handsome friends, namely Marko Villaluz (Left) and Quakey (Right).
Be sure to congratulate Marko and his partner, Dom, for winning the TORCH 3rd Impact! They will be competing in Singapore, representing Philippines! Wo0t!





Awesome cosplayers I had the privilege of shooting during the first day of CosMania. I only managed to take a few because I spent most of the day being a concierge... .__.

Anyways, if you know any of/or are the cosplayer above... THANK YOU for letting me take your photo!

Here are some landscape format photos.




I hope you like them, guys!

On the later part of CosMania Day 1, I did a photo shoot with two of my companions from Davao.



First is Kevin as Raiden from Metal Gear Solid: Rising Revengeance. Awesome cosplay is awesome. He made the whole thing by himself! *jawdrop*


Second is Maxene, cosplaying as Stocking from Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt. I made it look like she's taking a vacation at different places. LOL.

On to the last pair of photos... the cherry on top of CosMania Day 1 for me... was the chance to shoot Reika, one of the international guest cosplayers.

It was very short and very impromptu. I was given access to her Meet and Greet and I took photos by the end of the session. They're okay... I could not ask for more. :)



Yes, she's a girl. She can be whatever she wants, I don't care. Ugh. Such perfectness.

She is japanese and when she talks, she is very energetic and lively. I could just stand there and listen to her speak for hours on end. I only did it for, like, 10 minutes.



Anyways, that's it for my Day 1 photos! Outtakes and event photos of Day 1 can be found at my facebook fanpage:


Look for the CosMania Day 3 Event Photos album, if you're interested. 

Please wait for Day 2 photos! There will be more photos on there, I think. I haven't really put them into the laptop yet.

Been busy.

'Til next time!


Links (to be added soon)

Maki 
Yuki 
Kat Carpio 
Sese 
Quakey 
Kevin
Maxene
Reika  






No comments:

Post a Comment